Lavender play dough
Not only does the addition of lavender essential oil make your homemade playdough smell wonderful, but there are many health benefits! So, your children (or grandbabies) will be getting added benefits as they roll out their playdough snakes, cookies, and shapes. The best part about this recipe is that it’s very inexpensive and is always successful–so don’t hesitate to bring the kids into the kitchen to make it with you!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 2 tsps Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tbsps Olive Oli
- 1 tsp Grosso Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/8 tsp All Natural Food Coloring
In a sauce pan, stir the flour, salt, and cream of tartar together. Add in the water, cooking oil, and food coloring and mix until smooth.
Turn on the heat to medium-low, and stir until the mixture forms a ball. Once the mixture has reached playdough-consistency, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes. Knead in the lavender essential oil.
Store in an air-tight container. (Storing it in the fridge will make it last even longer!)
Try these Optional Essential Oils for a variety of playdough batchs:
- Lavender: for calming and promoting restful sleep
- Lime: for uplifting and energizing
- Lemon: for focus and clarity
- Wild Orange: for uplifting and energizing
- Grapefruit: uplifting and relieves tension
- Peppermint: invigorating and provides mental clarity